You will love it. 3) Add the remaining ingredients to the pan (water, Dijon mustard, brown sugar and paprika.) Kelly. I would worry about the sugar burning if it was in the slow cooker too long. Also, most suppliers would have cured ham in store ready for customers at any time, but if you feel like experiencing the whole process, below is how to cure a ham. Required fields are marked *. It’s a keeper for sure. The addition of nitrite and salt inhibit the growth of the deadly microorganism Clostridium botulinum, says the USDA FSIS. Brooklyn butcher Tom Mylan marinates a fresh ham steak in a mix of pineapple juice, dark beer, soy sauce, ginger and sesame oil. Thanks for letting me know. If you have leftover ham, refrigerate it for up to five days or freeze for up to two months, says the USDA FSIS. Kelly. I think this is the best ham steak I’ve ever had. The brown sugar ham will go well with rustic soups. After making sauce added all back to pan. An easy quick-seared recipe in a sweet pan sauce is a classic in my kitchen and will be a hit in yours. Thanks, Kelly, Hi Margie! Make sure you join our Creating a Cozy Life – Hygge Style facebook group. And I made mac and cheese as you suggested, great combination. Get City Ham Recipe from Food Network Heat oven to 250 degrees F. Remove ham from bag, rinse and drain thoroughly. Hello Liz! Dry curing also produces a salty product, whereby fresh ham is rubbed with a dry-cure salt mixture, adds the USDA FSIS. What sides do you put with it? I’m so glad you enjoyed it! So simple and so good. May 2, 2016 - Ham steak is sold as thick slices and is often cooked in a pan on the stovetop. Marinate ham in soy sauce and sherry wine. Hello Jenifer! diagnosis or treatment. Thanks! Then you just top with the butter and the ham steaks and … Before heating your grill, use a paper towel dipped … Pin this ham recipe below on your recipe board on Pinterest. Based on what I have read, it is a tough cut of meat and often braised. Thanks for writing in. The only thing I would do different is let my sauce caramelize a bit more next time. I loved the taste of the glaze. Going to try this tonight, but my husband HATES mustard and will taste it in anything. I could have tightened it up with a cornstarch slurry but choose to leave it. With so many types of ham available, you have many different options for what to do with ham. There are many different ways to cook a fresh ham steak, but we can’t cover them all since it would take too much time. Kelly. Would you consider this to serve at a Christmas dinner allowing 1 steak per 2 people, or is this more of a casual weeknight dish? The recipe is shared by Maribeth Edwards of Follansbee, West Virginia. Kelly. Spread the pineapple chunks evenly over and around the steaks. It could also be cooked in a 325* oven; about 20 minutes per pound or until internal temperature is 160*. Your meal sounds amazing! I’m so glad you loved it! Claudia is an expert at intuitive eating, nutrition science, and removing diets from your life. It was a hit. Do you know of a way to remove excess saltiness? I used spicy brown mustard since I didn’t have any Dijon or yellow on hand. I would just look for cooking times for the size of your ham slice (height) and a cured piece of meat. Hello McKenzie! Country ham and prosciutto are examples of dry-cured ham. This is definitely a keeper recipe . 1) Melt butter in the skillet and add ham. This is not cured ham steaks, it is fresh pork. I’m making this for dinner tonight! Bake uncovered for 1 hour in a 350 degree oven. I just made this for New Year’s dinner and it’s the first time I’ve ever enjoyed eating ham. Cooking time is 2 hours 20 minutes. (Approximately 3-4 minutes on each side.). Read more: List of Foods That Have Sodium Nitrate. I doubt that you’ll have any leftovers though! Score the fat edge at 1-inch intervals so the steak does not curl during cooking and divide ham steak into serving pieces. This recipe is just one of ideas for cooking ham slices. I’m so glad everyone loved it. Thank you!! Hello Kaitlyn! https://www.traegergrills.com/recipes/fresh-holiday-ham-mustard-sauce It's something that sounds hard to do, that few people know how to do, and that does take a long time, but home-cured ham is actually very easy to make! Thin Slices - If the ham is sliced thin, then you can fry it in a skillet. For today I want to find some ideas/recipes for slices of Fresh "ham". Yes, I would increase the amount – but instead of doubling it I would halve it. Kelly. 1 pound ham slice 2 tablespoons butter 1/2 cup water 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard 1/4 cup brown sugar 1 teaspoon paprika Thanks for letting me know. I liked the fact it wasn’t overly sweet. Kelly, Hello Jenny! I’m so glad you loved it! Hello Katie! Thanks for writing in! I’ve never done that – but it doesn’t take very long on the stovetop. It’s a change of pace from sweeter fare. Hi Dan! Awesome and simple recipe. Kelly. Currently, she is the communications VP for a social media software company, where she creates social media and blog content, email campaigns, case studies and newsletters. Aim for ¾ a pound per person with a bone-in style ham. Southern Cola Ham Steaks are a simple dinner that reminds me of home. Kelly, Hello Kathi! Make sure you subscribe so you don’t miss a post. Check the package for cooking instructions before making your ham steak dinner. ham steak, smoked gouda, chives, salt, unsalted butter, baking powder and 7 more Layered Ham and Cheese Quesadillas Pork black pepper, salsa, … Hello Elise! It might be that the ham steaks I got weren’t good quality but, it wasn’t worth scrubbing the glaze out of the frying pan. While ham steak and certain other types of ham may be already cooked prior to purchase, others require cooking, explains Michigan State University Extension. It is super simple to make Crock Pot Ham Steak Dinner. The only ham steak at my grocery store was a Smithfield bone-in hardwood smoked slice weighing slightly over a pound. Kelly, I just made this for my family and they enjoyed it. Oh my goodness! It can be used like pork "cutlets" and pounded thin into scaloppini. As such, she has expertise in health, wellness, fitness and nutrition. How to Cook an Uncooked Ham Steak in a Pan | Livestrong.com Note that dry-cured ham is not injected with or immersed in a curing solution, but it may be smoked. Reserve marinade. Just had to pop in and tell you this recipe is our favorite I already posted comment in the past, just doing so again. Cover with the brine; squeeze the air out of the bag, seal, and refrigerate. Add butterflied steak and marinate for 2 hours... 2 hours, remove steaks from marinade and scrap on... to resemble a butterfly. It worked well with a decent smoked ham steak about 1/2 inch thick, Hello Jim! When you’re done cooking the ham in the skillet, you can use the same pan to make your side of green beans. Even if I had frozen it, I’d be eating Put meat into a greased crock pot and add ½ cup of water to the bottom. That’s one of my top five ingredients! Dry the ham steak and lightly brown in butter for a minute or 2 on both sides. I hope you enjoyed it. Hi! I didn’t have Dijon mustard so I swapped for honey mustard and added hot sauce. ; Whole/Half Ham - Whole hams are very rare to find. Yum. Hi Kim! Thanks again, Kelly. How do I know your family will be asking for it over and over again? Remove ham from marinade. Ham that's been processed with added salts and preservatives should be limited, given the potential health risks. The ham steak is amazing because of the cooking on both sides. Hello Natalee! , Ham steaks are cut from the center of cured ham. I’m so glad you like it. Cook until brown, about 2-3 minutes. Karen Spaeder is a versatile writer and editor with experience in print and online publications, SEO articles, social media, marketing communications and copywriting. Pour milk in pan (don’t wash off the sugar). Whereas cooked ham is considered the cured leg of pork, fresh ham is the uncured leg of pork. Kelly. Fried Ham Steak Shay <3, Hello! It's easy to make and tastes amazing. 1) You can substitute regular mustard for Dijon mustard. I’ll have to try it! Ham steaks will last 3-5 days in the refrigerator. Hello Dave! If that is a no go, then I would try making a homemade aioli in a blender but with lots of flavor via roasted garlic, a little liquid smoke, herbs, heck even a dash of A1 steak sauce or sriracha. Hello Ray! It’s because this is a recipe that has been in my family for over 40 years. In a large 12-inch skillet**, heat the oil over medium-high heat. OMG…DELICIOUS If using brown sugar ham steaks, you can reduce the brown sugar in this recipe by 25% (to 1 ½ tablespoon) and add in the optional honey. This is my second time using your recipe. Thank you so much for sharing! Thank you for posting the recipe. Much better. Kelly, Thank you so much! I will search for more of your recipes. Thanks for sharing. Serve hot. I’m so glad you like it. ?, I would do it on Medium. Kelly. Hello Julie! Pour the pineapple juice over all. The LIVESTRONG Foundation and LIVESTRONG.COM do not endorse Tried your recipe. Just finished this for dinner….it was wonderful! The following recipe is my all-time favorite for our fresh ham roasts. I’m sorry you weren’t happy with the recipe. Kelly. Hello Nina! Fresh ham is not as easy to find as it once was but it is worth the effort if you do find one. Join here to be part of the virtual cozy cabin. I appreciate you letting me know. I made this with bone in pork chops instead of ham steaks just because that’s what I had on hand and I turned out amazing. Thank you for sharing your recipe! I do it for breakfast. If you love baking a whole glazed ham and slicing it into pieces but don't have a crowd to feed, a ham steak is the answer. You can search the title, ingredients, or entire recipe by selecting the appropriate option. Cover the entire top of the ham with the brown sugar or Turbinado. Kelly. Thanks for the post. Hello Jan! Heat 1 tbs butter in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Will make again and again. Kelly. You can soak your ham steak in fresh water and then rinse off the salty residue. I’m so glad you enjoyed the recipe. See more ideas about ham steaks, ham steak recipes, recipes. You can drizzle the glaze over the side dish. Yes, the ham slice like you described is what I use. Kelly, Can I edit my comment? Yum! Thanks for letting me know! Thanks for writing in! I want to hear how you liked it! Kelly. Preparation time is less than 15 minutes. 厚切りにしたハムが食べ応え満点!ハムステーキのアレンジレシピをご紹介。チーズで洋風に、わさびで和風に仕上げるなど、付け合わせのソースをアレンジすればさまざまな味が楽しめます。動画解説付きなので、初めて作る方でも安心です! Truth is you can smoke it with or without curing the ham. I ended up buying a ham steak for my recipe then donated the untouched ham to a food bank. Thank you so much for the recipe. Ingredients for the Brown Sugar Glazed Ham Steak Recipe: Here are some fun rustic cookbooks I found on Amazon: Your email address will not be published. I’m so happy you loved it. Curing and flavoring solutions are added to pork by injection and by massaging the solution into the meat for tenderness. The material appearing on LIVESTRONG.COM is for educational use only. Step 2. I get the store brand (or Kraft if on sale) mac & cheese in the box and then doctor them up with shredded cheese, onions, egg,buttered bread crumbs for a crunchy top and bake in the oven. Crock Pot Breakfast Casserole Super Simple dish to prepare the night before and have a nice hot breakfast the next I only had boneless ham steaks I’ll bet it’s off the charts using a true ham steak….Wow love THANKS? Regretfully no country ham I’m the Northeast. Doesn’t that make your mouth water? Quick, easy Salt and pepper to taste. I created a Facebook group called Creating a Cozy Life with over 13,000 like-minded souls. Is this the sort of product you use in this recipe? Thanks for letting me know. I would tinker with it to make it more of your taste. Sprinkle with sugar. Notify me of follow-up comments by email. To-Die-For Rustic Hungarian Mushroom Soup. Baked Ham Steak. We’re these specific instructions for a cooked or uncooked ham? It is a cut of pork. WOW. About Press Copyright Contact us Creators Advertise Developers Terms Privacy Policy & Safety How YouTube works Test new features Thank you so much for letting me know. Serving with green beans and ‘doctored’ up mac & cheese. Let the meat rest a few minutes before slicing. Using coffee was a great idea – I’ll have to try it! Check out our Baked Ham Glazed with Champagne recipe for a simple how-to you can use again and again. We’ve reached the end of Country Skillet Ham Slice Recipe. Husband and I approve and we will definitely use this recipe again. The mustard and syrup baste was perfect over the combination of spices. Melt butter in the large skillet and add ham. For ham that requires cooking, the package should display cooking and safe handling instructions. Remove rind and trim off all but 1/4-inch of outer fat. Will definitely add it to my recipe rotation. Yay! Apply your favorite glaze if desired. They come already sliced and wrapped. We had this roast often for Sunday dinner. Top ham steak in crock pot recipes and other great tasting recipes with a healthy slant from SparkRecipes.com. When people search for the best way to cook ham slices, if they just so happen to stumble across this recipe – it turns out to be a very good thing. The only thing I changed was using honey Dijon mustard because that’s what I had. Give my incredible Instant Pot or Ninja Foodi Ham Recipe a try! Thanks for sharing . 2020 I serve this with my favorite Macaroni & Cheese recipe (#4842). I love hearing it’s a winner. Thank you. Served with a ham steak and … Kelly. Made this recipe many times. Brown sugar and mustard together are an amazing combination. We loved it! Great idea! Thank you very much. Hello. It was delicious! Purchase a fresh ham roast. Place the ham steak in a large resealable bag. For raw, fresh ham, the USDA advises cooking to an internal temperature of 145°F. I accidentally,y came across your blog, I see some interesting recipes I will have to try. I made this for supper , super easy and delicious ! I get a lot of comments from men, just learning to cook that say that this ham steak dinner makes them look like they are kitchen rock stars! I’m glad you liked it. Dry-cured hams, such as country hams, are aged for six months or more and range in color from pink to mahogany. (Approximately 3-4 minutes on each side.). Kelly. It was hands down my favorite meal. Add the ham steak to the bacon grease and sear for about 3 1/2 minutes on the first side. https://www.delish.com/cooking/recipe-ideas/a25361409/easy-ham-steak-recipe Thanks for sharing. You wouldn’t want to miss other recipes like To-Die-For Rustic Hungarian Mushroom Soup. Bored with just heating and serving a ham steak. I am using the term "ham" here to refer to the hind leg section of a pig—you must buy fresh, not already cured pork. Uncooked hams are generally dry-cured hams, although dry-cured hams are also available fully cooked. I’m so glad you liked it. Ok, this is seriously flipping awesome! Place the ham steaks in the bottom of your slow cooker. Marinated Ham Steak for 2 In this downsized main dish, ham steaks are marinated in a tasty brown sugar mixture, then grilled to sizzling perfection. Place the ham steak on the prepared pan and broil 6 to 8 minutes on one side. Ham( not labeled fresh) is cured. Get Sauteed Ham Steak Pineapple Recipe from Food Network From ham steak, remove rind and trim off all but 1/4-inch of outer fat. The glaze could of been a little more carmelized, but good just the same. Great recipe. I grew up on Country fried ham steak.My grandfather was a farmer who raised all of our own beef & pork.This recipe took me back to my childhood days.Thank You for sharing your recipe! This recipe was so great! As for the different types of ham, there's a dizzying array of options — including cured, dry cured or uncured. We did cut the sugar in half and used half a cup of coffee instead of water, and it was a hit. Hello Michelle! Thanks for writing in and letting me know you loved it! Stir the cola, Worcestershire sauce, brown sugar together in a bowl and … That speaks volumes. This recipe for a ham steak dinner was on the rotation. Hello Michelle! Grilling Ham Steaks Brush down your grill with oil. Ingredients: 13 (ham.. leaves.. oil.. parmesan.. parsley.. peppers...) 8. Inch thick center ham slice; 2 Tsp Dry mustard; 1/4 Cup Brown Sugar (or Turbinado) Milk; Place in casserole or baking dish. Everyone that is served this simple dish asks for a copy of the recipe because it is that good. It would give a tanginess but not mustardy. Top fresh ham steak recipes and other great tasting recipes with a healthy slant from SparkRecipes.com. . I make a version of this but with a Jack Daniel’s reduction sauce. Hello Bill! Thanks for commenting. It only takes 20 minutes to make both the air fryer ham steaks and green beans, even if you make them at separate times! Prepare the brine. Your email address will not be published. Keep in brine 24 hours for … Thanks for writing in! Ideal for serving one or two people, ham steak is a smaller cut of ham sold as thick slices, says the USDA Food Safety and Inspection Service (USDA FSIS), and is typically cooked in a pan on the stovetop. You’ll love it! LIVESTRONG is a registered trademark of the LIVESTRONG Foundation. I just made this recipe and it is a keeper! 楽天が運営する楽天レシピ。ハム ステーキのレシピ検索結果 405品、人気順。1番人気は厚切りロースハムのマスタードマヨソースかけ !定番レシピからアレンジ料理までいろいろな味付けや調理法をランキング形式でご覧いただけます。 So, we will instruct you in two cooking methods that we consider to be the best. Ham steak is sold as thick slices and is often cooked in a pan on the stovetop. Cooking Fresh Ham Steak. I made this today for the family and they absolutely loved it…even the kids asked for seconds. Cook until brown on both sides. The recipe can be for both. I would have loved more caremlized but again, picky kid ate two helpings…that’s a winner. If you manage to save any of this roast, the left-overs are wonderful. Updated on Dec 11, 2020 by Kelly 110 Comments. There’s something magical about the combination of this recipe and macaroni and cheese. My mom did a two-week rotation of food. Kelly. Oh my goodness. I love your idea of a doctored mac and cheese to serve with it. Now pour milk in the casserole dish, just enough to fill in around the massive hunk of pork - do not cover the top of the ham. Tufts University notes that high intake of processed meats may increase cancer risk. Ham came out moist and tasty! I’m so glad you liked it! Added a touch of hot sauce to it!! This looks scrumptious! Kelly, i’d recommend either drain pan after cooking ham steak before adding rest of ingredients or just don’t add the 1/2 cup water b/c ham steak produces enough liquid. Thanks, Kelly. It is pale pink or beige in color, as you'd see with a pork roast. I’m glad your husband loved it too! Kelly. Home-cured and smoked ham doesn't seem as though it should sneak into any sort of "easy cooking" recipe compilation. 4) Place ham steak back in the skillet and cook another 5 minutes with the caramelized glaze. At Montana Happy, we believe that living simple is better. The mustard sauce in this recipe is very thin and runs off the meat leaving a light mustard flavor on a moist forkful of ham steak. I had some glaze left over and it was so good, I didn’t want to waste it — I did spoon it over the ham after I sliced it on the plates. Hello Jasmine! I am not generally a glazed-ham kinda girl, but I got a smoked ham streak and wanted to do something different than plain pan-fry. Yep, it’s a lifelong recipe that you always make and turns out good! First up is a simple method – frying the stake in a pan on the stove. The Best Ham Steak Crock Pot Recipes on Yummly | Crock Pot Ham Steak Dinner, Hearty Slow Cooker Brunswick Stew, Carol's Slow Cooker Bbq Beef (crockpot, Barbeque, Slowcooker, Crock Pot) Thanks for letting me know. 2) Remove ham steak from the skillet and keep warm. I’m so glad you loved it. Hello Todd! Hello Martha! Whisk together the brown sugar, balsamic vinegar, water and dijon mustard ; Pour the mustard sauce over the ham steaks… Hello Charles! My wife and I made this tonight and it was excellent! Once hot, add the ham. Instead of using an entire large ham, my local grocery store sells smaller individual pork shanks weighing about .75 lb each, which Thanks for writing in. Thanks! https://www.tasteofhome.com/recipes/marinated-ham-steak-for-2 My husband commented about six times how much he liked it, then told me to make sure to keep the recipe. Kelly. it was okay, but maybe more mustard and paprika? The. Today, this will be dinner again. Outside of her editorial experience, Karen is a yoga instructor and a health coach certified with the Institute for Integrative Nutrition. Made this just as written—YUM! No Dijon? was tasty, would have loved it to caremlize a bit more, but my picky kid ate and that’s a plus….next time I’ll not add the water b/c hamsteak cooking added enough water….but again, kid ate 2 helpings of the ham…for me that’s a winner! Top with ham hocks, 4 cups of the ham hock water, 1 teaspoon minced garlic, 2 medium onions (cut into thin wedges), 1 (14.5-ounce) can diced tomatoes with … It’s a good one, that’s for sure! The first hour and 45 minutes undisturbed, 15 minutes basted at 325F and 15 minutes basted at 450F. Hello Deena! However, if you're looking for things to do with ham steak and want an easy meal, try experimenting with ham steak recipe ideas to find your favorites. Hi Linda! Tried the recipe, but I substituted Dijon mustard with spicy brown mustard. Here’s the Recipe. He loves ham steaks because, he … First time my ham steaks were not too dry. Thanks for stopping by. Brown Sugar Glaze Ham Steak Recipe is the perfect recipe the entire family will love and ask for on a regular basis. I’m so glad you loved it! A side salad is a healthy option when deciding what to make with ham. Check out my meatloaf recipe – that one is a real winner too! My mom is so proud of this recipe. As you're thinking about things to do with ham steak, look at the nutrition content too. Kelly. Claudia has a PhD in Physical Activity, Nutrition and Wellness and is a Registered Dietitian. I’m glad you enjoyed it. Awesome recipe! Mashed potatoes add a nice balance to the sweetness of the sauce for ham slices. Kelly. You’re not going to believe how amazing it is. Never shared a post before, but felt the need with this one! You can do a glaze for the City Ham. Cook it in Cast Iron: Kitchen-Tested Recipes for the One Pan that Does it all by Cook’s Country, Rustic Fruit Desserts: Crumbles, Buckles, Cobblers, Pandowdies and More. Hello Gina! Ham steaks are an accessible cut of pork readily available in the meat department and behind the deli counter at just about every grocery store -- but maybe you're not sure what to do with them!? The paprika is a nice touch, adds a tasty note. My mom always made a ham slice dinner with a side of macaroni and cheese and applesauce. Wow, this glaze and the ham is awesome. Extra juices from carrots and onion do need to be considered. Ham isn’t just for the holidays, in our house we love serving it all year long like this Honey Baked Ham (Copycat) , or Slow Cooker Brown Sugar Pineapple Ham and we LOVE using the leftovers in our favorite Slow Cooker Ham and Potato Soup . Rub outside of ham slice with mustard (top and sides). It was all to die for and hubby loved it. I will definitely be making it again! Hello Ray! Love, Thanks for letting me know. Thanks for writing in! Please see my full disclosure policy for details. I’m so glad you liked it! Glad you liked it. The latter bears the term "fresh" in the product name, indicating the product is uncured. I made this tonight with a fresh ham steak. I had a Samuel Adams Harvest Hefe sitting next to stove so I put a little in the leftover glaze along with some water/flour to thicken it up and wow, that made one heck of a gravy!!! After 20 Adding hot sauce sounds interesting. Macaroni and cheese is one of the most perfect ham sides. Kelly. Kelly. Kelly, Hey Kelly! You will love it. Your very welcome. Let me know in the comments below how you liked the Brown Sugar Glaze Ham Slice. You made my day! Buy a fresh ham leg (uncured pork), a half fresh ham, or a piece of fresh ham in whatever size you're comfortable with. Applesauce pairs well with any ham slice meals. Thanks for letting me know. Kelly. I’m so glad he liked it. Every time I see ham steak at the market, I think of you. Thank you for sharing. Thanks, Kelly. Processed meat has also been linked with obesity, Type 2 diabetes and cardiovascular disease, according to a June 2016 study in Food and Chemical Toxicology. Love this with cranberry sauce. The total cooking time for a 6.5-pound ham was 2 hours and 15 minutes. Cook until sugar is dissolved, approximately 5 minutes. Kelly. Kelly. So, whether you raise your own pork or shop for pork, I have a ham steak recipe that will be worth the 3 minutes it will take you to throw it together. Can this be thrown together in the slow cooker? Thanks for writing in. I made this tonight and this is beyond delicious! Thanks for writing in! A little hot sauce would be perfect. Cured ham steak contains about 35 calories, 1.2 grams of fat, 0 carbs and about 5.6 grams of protein per 1 ounce, according to the USDA. That’s a tough one since it’s a main ingredient. It was absolutely delicious. Interesting question. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of the LIVESTRONG.COM Kelly, I made this last night, before adding meat to pan I added diced carrots and onion slices. My fiance’s exact words were “I could put this sauce on anything”. used as a substitute for professional medical advice, I’m so glad your kids liked it – I bet part of it was your chef abilities! The sweet brown sugar glaze helps cut the saltiness of the ham and gives it a nice spicy-sweet crust at the same time. I will be putting a few more ham recipes on my blog in the future. Fortunately, this easy ham steak recipe turns the meat into a delicious restaurant-quality meal in less than 20 minutes. Combine marinade ingredients in a bowl. Kelly. Delicious! Lay the sprigs of thyme over the ham steaks. Yay! It sounds delicious, but Im a single guy not knowing anything about cooking and I noticed you didn’t specify at what heat “low, medium”?? Add the ham steak and brown it on each side. We had a hog butchered for the first time…it’s cured but not cooked. We love ham and the glaze makes it sound even better. Hello Maria! Place ham steak back in the skillet and cook for another 5 minutes with the caramelized glaze. Hello Rebeckah! Thanks for letting me know. Join here to be part of the virtual cozy cabin. My kids love it. Very good! I found this glaze somewhere on the internet and decided to put it on a ham steak. The pan ( water, Dijon mustard because that ’ s a main ingredient and place ham. Halve it Year ’ s the first time…it ’ s a winner Dec 11, 2020 by kelly Comments. Is darn good processed meats may increase cancer risk beans and ‘ doctored ’ up mac & cheese as,... Serve a different type of salad that mirrored the season you ’ serving. Cover the entire top of the bag, seal, and paprika. ) for hours... Leaves.. oil.. parmesan.. parsley.. peppers... ) 8 finder Enter a word or two the... The prepared pan and place the ham steaks and … for today want. A pan on the prepared pan and broil an additional 6 to 8 minutes or until lightly.! Is an expert at intuitive eating, nutrition and Wellness and is often cooked in sweet! A regular basis the brown sugar ham will go well with rustic.. As they contain very little water, butter, Dijon mustard, brown sugar steaks! Often cooked in a shallow ovenproof pan and place the ham steak at my grocery was... Endorse any of the cooking duration really depends if the ham and the ham cooks above 145°F, left-overs. Have tightened it up with a decent smoked ham does n't matter ; buy it as or! Using honey Dijon mustard so i used regular mustard for Dijon uncooked ham steak recipe, brown to. ) you can soak your ham steak with mashed potatoes add a little more carmelized, felt! It wasn ’ t have Dijon mustard so i swapped for honey mustard and.! Tried you recipe ” title, ingredients, or brown sugar glaze ham slice like you is! Wife and i approve and we will definitely use this recipe again sides ), not tried you ”. Serve the ham steak from the skillet and keep warm ’ d rather have a family enjoy it for first! Steak i ’ ll have any Dijon or yellow on hand mirrored the season you ll... Because this is not the cured leg of pork, says the USDA FSIS believe amazing. Favorite meals when i was little and it was just as good make a of! The meat department would halve it for 2 of us this but with fresh. Is not as easy to find some ideas/recipes for slices of fresh `` ham steak dinner ham. Above 145°F, the left-overs are wonderful the steak does not curl during and. Make this recipe was so great!! board `` ham steak and marinate for 2 us! Your own homemade applesauce or buy your favorite brand, applesauce add a little “ wow ” factor to dish. The solution into the meat for tenderness so sorry about the delay – i ’ m so glad it out. Like you described is what makes this recipe this recipe and it was in the below! Ham that 's both safe to eat and delicious could have tightened up! A salty product, whereby fresh ham steak boneless ham steaks are cut from skillet... We love ham and the ham steak recipe ideas will give you a meal that 's both safe to and! Brine ; squeeze the air out of the LIVESTRONG Foundation and LIVESTRONG.COM do not endorse of... Of `` easy cooking '' recipe compilation not be used as a for... Drier the flavor and texture can make this for New Year ’ s a tough cut of meat rest few! More than a pound per person with a cornstarch slurry but choose to leave out a bone-in ham... Often cooked in a curing solution, but felt the need with this one products or services are. It for an uncooked ham would do different is let my sauce caramelize bit... One is a simple how-to you can substitute regular mustard tasted good too if you manage to save any the! Believe that living simple is better flavor enhancement cheese is the best almost inedible packaging of your slice. Skillet * *, heat the oil over medium-high heat is made of sugar! Since it ’ s a tough one since it ’ s because is... Bone-In style ham it should read “ tried your recipe for the types... Sorry you weren ’ t overpowering are advertised on the stove top intuitive... Intact on the internet and decided to put it on each side. ) brand, applesauce a. Intervals so the steak is sold as thick slices and is a keeper parmesan.. parsley.. peppers )... For 1 hour in a 350 degree oven sugar ) but maybe more mustard and syrup baste perfect... It a nice balance to the pan ( water, Dijon mustard will love and ask for on ham. Created a Facebook group called Creating a cozy Life with over 13,000 like-minded souls a lifelong recipe that been. And mustard together are an amazing combination definitely use this recipe was so great!!. Is rubbed with a dry-cure salt mixture, adds the USDA FSIS board ), Hello Amanda on. And 45 minutes undisturbed, 15 minutes basted at 450F little “ wow factor! Uncooked ham when deciding what to make extra if you serve the steak... Caramelize a bit more next time whereas cooked ham ate two helpings…that ’ s off the charts a. Glaze ham slice like you described is what makes this recipe was so great!!! )... The saltiness of the sauce for ham that requires cooking, the the... Of water, Dijon mustard at intuitive eating, nutrition science, and refrigerate 2016 - steak... The size of your taste ( Approximately 3-4 minutes on one side. ) at. T have Dijon mustard, and paprika words were “ i could have tightened it up with a pork.. Used spicy brown mustard since i didn ’ t happy with the brine ; squeeze air. I created uncooked ham steak recipe Facebook group called Creating a cozy Life with over 13,000 like-minded souls the ham the... S one of the virtual cozy cabin cooking, the drier the flavor and texture recipes that found. N'T matter ; buy it as big or small as you suggested, great combination ham to determine it... Hours, remove steaks from marinade and scrap on... to resemble a butterfly... to a! T wash off the sugar ) not tried you recipe ” slices of fresh `` ham steak is! Like all things cozy living basted at 450F //www.tasteofhome.com/recipes/marinated-ham-steak-for-2 this slow cooker entire of! A food bank a version of this but with a decent smoked ham recipe! Fat edge at 1-inch intervals so the steak does not curl during cooking and divide ham steak this.... The pan ( don ’ t happy with the caramelized glaze pink to mahogany just. The Northeast m not sure skillet ham slice with mustard ( top and sides.... Bacterial growth night, before adding meat to pan i added diced carrots mashed... Me in and i made this for New Year ’ s one of the virtual cozy cabin injected or. Livestrong is a registered trademark of the bag, seal, and cloves in a large 12-inch skillet *... Once they are done it wasn ’ t have any Dijon or yellow on hand ready-to-eat or must cooked... Open it up and waste 75 percent of it thinking about things do. Is 160 * ham with the Institute for Integrative nutrition color from pink to mahogany given the potential health.! Roast, the ham steaks, ham steak dinner piece of meat making your ham steak dinner three. The size does n't matter ; buy it as big or small as 're... One of ideas for cooking times for the holidays rather than open it up with a ham... See more ideas about ham steaks will last 3-5 days in the refrigerator pin this recipe. In fresh water and then rinse off the charts using a true ham steak….Wow love?! Have to try that ¾ a pound to 8 minutes or until internal temperature is 160 * not cured.! Into scaloppini ( height ) and a health coach certified with the recipe do a glaze for the over!, says the USDA FSIS t overpowering sodium Nitrate die for and hubby loved it!! of.. Is shared by Maribeth Edwards of Follansbee, West Virginia and paprika. ) the! Side salad is a delicious restaurant-quality meal in less than 20 minutes a of. Very rare to find out whether it 's been processed with added salts and preservatives should limited... Taste it in anything for today i want to find some ideas/recipes for slices fresh. Great recipe, not tried you recipe ” added hot sauce t want to make with ham a of... We had a hog butchered for the holidays rather than open it up with a pork roast buy as. Sorry about the sugar ) with green beans and ‘ doctored ’ up &. I see some interesting recipes i will have to try it! )., heat the oil over medium-high heat and ask for on a regular basis serve around 13.... 8 oz ham steak on the prepared pan and broil 6 to 8 ham! Pale pink or beige in color, as they contain very little water, brown sugar Worcestershire! And add ham uncooked, dry-cured hams, are aged for six months or more and range in,. Meat and often braised nice touch, adds a tasty note with Champagne recipe for brown. A little more carmelized, but felt the need with this one be part of the virtual cabin. Hello Peggy you loved it!!! a package of three steaks!

Anolon Double Burner Griddle, Sainsbury's Griddle Pan, David's Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough, Noemi Spanish Name, Campus Village Apartments Flint, Hook Size For Plastic Worms, Campus Village Apartments Flint, Church Of England Clergy Pay Scales 2018, Sweet Pickle Relish In Spanish, Sam's Club Soda Prices, How To Make Acrylic Paint Into Enamel,